Friday, June 12, 2015

MAKEUP FOREVER STEP 1 SKIN EQUALIZER







Hello all my wonderful peeps

I am little behind to review these primers even though I got them the month they were released.  Sorry guys for such delayed review. It’s challenging to juggle between work, home and kids. I love doing what I do! Blogging, Makeup, photography and technology. I feel caught up sometimes to do things on time but I never feel tired or bored. 

So back to the topic on these equalizer primers. I will be honest I know every one is different so something might work for me might not work for you, and that’s why I always tell my clients and readers to get a sample of everything and try it out first before committing to full size. I love Makeup Forever; this was one of the first 4 brands I started out as a MUA. This brand is trustworthy and I love using their HD line, from foundations to blushes. But for some reason I wasn’t very excited to use their new formulated Step 1 primers. I look for 3 things in products as a MUA
Cost effective
Long lasting
Photo friendly.

They pretty much fall in all three categories. Pricing at 36 US dollars weighing 1.0oz they come in 11 shades with 6 just for radiance for different skin tones. I liked how they came with 6 different radiance shades for accompanying different skin tones and the best part is you can even mix it to customize. 

I tested all 4 of them under different foundations and just powder foundation since its summer. It held up to good 8 to 10 hours.  I even tried mixing 2 primers and used it to see how it goes and it went pretty decent.
These primers also claim to have some skin care benefits as well. According to Makeup Forever it features Acti Tensor 3D Hyaluronic Acid and regeactive, which helps to hydrate, firm and smooth skin to create the perfect makeup canvas. 

I did see in their ingredients that they do have some skin care added to it, so it’s a plus thus you can use it alone and just top it with your favorite powder foundation in summer.
Among all of their primers I love the radiance much better than the other ones. The nourishing one is ok it’s not that promising but I like the Mattifying, Smoothing and Radiance primers the most. Smoothing primer, which is said to be used for mature skin to blur any wrinkles, pores and other imperfections. All 6 radiance primers have some tint added to them for evening out skin tone adding radiance and to wipe out any skin imperfections. 

SEPHORA DESCRIPTION:
Step 1 Skin Equalizer is available in 10 formulas to target every texture and tone concern: 
Texture: 
Mattifying Primer reduces shine for oily skin. 
Smoothing Primer evens the skin's texture. 
Hydrating Primer preps normal skin and restores balance. 
Nourishing Primer moisturizes and comforts. 
Redness Correcting Primer neutralizes. 

Tone: 
Radiant Primer Blue adds radiance to light skin. 
Radiant Primer Pink adds radiance to light to medium skin. 
Radiant Primer Yellow adds radiance to light to medium skin. 
Radiant Primer Peach adds radiance to medium to tan skin. 
Radiant Primer Caramel adds radiance to dark skin. 

My ratings on these primers are 7 out of 10. Since all of them are not meeting their description except for the Radiance Smoothing and Mattifying one. Like I said everything works different depending on their skin condition and requirement, its always good rule of thumb to try out before you come to a conclusion. 

I hope you liked my post and I will be coming with more.  Until you read again,

Take care & Good Luck 

XOXO