What is IMATS? It is an International Makeup Artist Trade Show, it happens in six major cities of the world like LONDON, VANCOUVER, SYDNEY, TORONTO and of course my lovely city NEW YORK! It gives professionals a perfect platform for networking business and the possibilities are endless. With just less than a week away IMATS is coming to NY from April 11th to 13th. I believe the tickets are already sold out for this show to general public as the bookings were done in advance months ahead. This is an annual event, so if you want to go to IMATS be sure to get your tickets at least a month or 2 ahead. You can purchase tickets here. IMATS TICKETS
CONTESTANTS GETTING READY
YOUTUBE BEAUTY GURU "QUEEN OF BLENDING"Queen Of Blending
Being a Pro MUA (make up artist) has its perk. You get to experiment with so many things, go to events and shows, and explore products get discounts networking and what not! Though IMATS is an excellent platform for professionals, it is also open to general public. Yes!! You don't have to be a makeup artist or professional to attend. Any one who has immense love with makeup can go to imats! Yes I said immense love!
Lets get started with IMATS Do's & Don’ts
Take Care & Good Luck :)
- DO plan ahead! Yes! Going to imats can be over whelming and you can get carried away and will eventually end up buying things, which you don’t really need. There will be 100 of venders with skincare makeup and so much more. So be sure to make your checklist for the brands and products you want. You can check with each vender's website their product info and decide what you need and don’t.
- DO wear comfortable cloths!! Even though IMATS is all about networking business and you get to meet your favorite YouTube gurus obviously you want to look picture perfect! But that doesn’t have to kill you at the end of the day! Make sure you carry fashion with comfort. Trust me I have been to IMATS with heels and I killed my legs by end of the day. I would say stay with an inch block heel if you can’t see your self without heels. And keep a pair of flats with you, You will need them!
CRAZY LINE AT INGLOTS BOOTH
- Do carry water and some snacks, I know even though its available at the event you don’t want to waste your time by standing in lines after lines!!
- Do hit the brands you like first just so you don’t miss out on product you like, mostly things get sold out fast at the event.
- DO carry your credentials and business cards obviously if you are a pro you would do that.
- Do take a good camera with you; you would not regret this :)
- Don’t waste your time using credit or bankcards, mostly vendors prefer cash, so have some handy.
- Don’t be late to show, as you will miss out lot of stuff, like standing first in line of your favorite brand and pro-classes.
- Don’t miss out the classes the event has to offer, as they are really beneficial to any one regardless of your profession. And hey! who doesn’t like free pro makeup trainings?
EVE PEARL PRO CLASS EVENT FOR PRO'S AND GENERAL PUBLIC
- Don’t carry huge bag with you, even though you would have to carry a camera a bottle of water some snacks just make sure you carry a comfy crossover or shoulder bag which has long belt, you would be carrying your other shopping bags too so have that in mind.
- Don't wear full sleeves and avoid light colors. Why? You would be swatching makeup and testing products, you don't want your cloths to rub off that make up on your wrist u just swatched ;)
I hope you enjoy your trip to imats have lots of fun and invest wisely if you are a pro. Those who are not going this time like I said it comes every year so keep a watch on it.
ENJOY FEW PICTURES FROM MY FIRST TRIP TO IMATS NEWYORK 2011 :)
Take care &
Best of luck!